sábado, 22 de enero de 2011

malaysia.bangkok.exploring.

Ok, where do I start with all the things that I have been up to in the last month. I think, firstly I will start with our lovely family holiday in Malaysia and then Bangkok (I can't say Thailand as we only went to Bangkok).

I arrived home from Oman on the 26th December, and we left for Malaysia on the 28th for a 2 week family holiday. Here is the four of us in Joburg International checking in for Malaysia (one family member missing, my brother is in Vail doing a ski season):
We then flew to Kuala Lumpur where we stayed for 2 nights - we did lots of shopping and some sight seeing in KL. Then we went to Penang Island for 6 nights where is stayed in a hotel on the beach. Penang was super relaxing where we spent the mornings lying by the pool and swimming in the sea, followed by a local lunch and then an afternoon sleep. We spent New Years on Penang Island where we partied at a nightclub that was close to our hotel, here are some celebration photos:
Besides the new years celebrations, here are some other pics of some of the things we got up to on Penang Island, para-sailing, beer drinking, Christmas coloured manicures and foot massages!
From Penang Island we flew to Bangkok for 4 nights where my mom was able to do her buying trip for her shop which was convenient! My dad got over the shopping thing after about half an hour, and then entertained himself with sightseeing and his tailor that was making him a suite. Ash and I shopped with my mom everyday and all day which was fun - we came back with a pile of clothing each! Ash got a cotton 'extension' thing done in her hair in Khaosan Road.
And then we flew home, after a lovely relaxing and family bonding holiday! It's so good to be home.

Blog Archive